International Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair & Media Makeup
Registrations for 2020 are now closed.
This programme is ideal for those who wish to specialize in make-up & special effects for TV, film, theatre & photography. As part of this course, you will be supplied with a high-quality professional make up and special effects kit containing all products and equipment for the course and to work with thereafter.
Finding employment will be easy because of the wide variety of career options and subjects covered. You do not need a matric (Grade12) certificate but the minimum age requirement is 16 years of age.
This one-year full-time course includes 2 different International qualifications:
- International Diploma in Make-up Artistry
- International Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair & Media Make-up
Starting date: 05 February 2020
Times: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 13:00
Deposit: R 8000, 00 to be paid with enrolment to secure your seat.
International Registration: R 2800, 00 to be paid with registration at the campus.
Course fee including Kit & textbooks: R 4200, 00 per month for 11 months, from 31/01/2020 to 30/11/2020.
Theatrical, Scecial Effects, Hair & Media Make-up Subjects
- Advanced Make-up artistry
- Make-up Design & Drawing
- Prosthetics & 3D make-up effects.
- Airbrushing (make-up, body art, nail art & tanning).
- Hairstyling techniques for TV, film & theatre
- Bridal, Fashion & photographic make-up
- Media make-up for film & TV incl. latex ageing.
- Theatrical make-up incl. theatrical ageing
- Period make-up (20’s – 90’s, Egyptian, Greek, etc.)
- Fantasy, futuristic & avant-garde make-up
- Face & body art/ painting
- Special effects (cuts, bullet wounds, burns etc.)
- Making and application of prosthetics
- False teeth making for characters
- Beard making & application
- Business studies, CV development, marketing & first aid
Terms & Conditions apply and are subject to change without notice