International Diploma in Hairdressing
Registrations for 2020 are now open. Enrol now to avoid disappointment!
More than any other beauty care; people desire the expertise of a professional hairdresser. Hairdressing is an important lifelong industry, fulfilling the needs of all people from toddlers to adults. Good hairdressers are in short supply and will never have a problem finding employment nationally and internationally.
We are also one of the few institutes that places our students in working salons once they showcase a working skill set and willingness to work and learn.
We only accommodate 20 learners per year on this course, ensuring that each learner gets the best individual & specialized attention. Learners will receive a comprehensive kit (included in the price) containing professional products and equipment which will be used during training.
Learners will complete their International Diploma in Hairdressing during the college year and will there after work in a salon to do their workplace hours as stipulated by department of Higher education, after which they will do their National trade test.
The entry requirement for the International Diploma in Hairdressing is a grade 10 certificate and minimum age requirement is 16 years of age.
Date: 5th of February 2020 till the 2nd of December 2020
Attendance: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 16:00
Deposit: R 12 000, 00 to be paid with enrolment, to secure your seat.
International Registration: R 10 500, 00 to be paid on registration at the campus.
Tuition Fee, Kit, learning material and assessments: R 4 300, 00 per month for 11 months, from 31/01/2019 to 30/11/2019.
- SERVICES SETA Accreditation No:3956
- QCTO ( Quality Council for Trades & Occupations) Accreditation No: SDP1228/17/00383
- Trade Test Centre Accreditation No: AC000141NAMB
- City & Guilds International Accreditation No: 848424
- SERVICES SETA Workplace Approval No: WPA00048SSETA
- iTEC Accreditation No: X500473
- VTCT Accreditation No: 2531/001
We are accredited to offer both National & International Hairdressing Qualifications, in addition we are an accredited Trade Test Centre, which means that learners will complete their whole hairdressing journey with us.
Hairdressing Course Subjects
- Health & Safety
- Consultation services for clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat scalp and hair
- Hair styling techniques (blow wave, thermal styling, roller setting)
- Pin curl and finger waves
- Anatomy & physiology on hair
- Market retail products and services in the salon environment
- Advanced head massage
- Cut and shape gents hair to create a variety of looks
- Cut and shape ladies hair to create a variety of looks
- Barbering – Hot towel and shaving service
- Hair colouring services
- Perming services to create a variety of looks
- Chemical relaxing services for African-type hair
- Style & finish African type women’s hair (braiding, weaving and dreadlock techniques)
- Advanced hair colouring services
- Colour correction services
- Advanced cutting techniques
- Creative hairdressing skills
- Bridal hair
- Perform a hair extension service
- Product training
- Human resource management within the hair and beauty sector
- Business studies & marketing
- First aid
Learners need to contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the registrar or principal where all the courses and procedures will be explained to the learner and their sponsor.
Terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without prior notice