International Diploma in Hairdressing
More than any other beauty care, people desire the expertise of a professional hairdresser. Hairdressing is an important lifelong industry, fulfilling the needs of all people from toddlers to adults. Good hairdressers are in short supply and will never have a problem finding employment nationally and internationally.
We are accredited to offer both national & international hairdressing qualifications, in addition we are an accredited Trade Test Center, which means that learners will complete their whole hairdressing journey with us.
We only accommodate 20 learners per year on this exclusive 3-year course, ensuring that each learner gets the best Individual & specialized attention.
Learners will complete their international diploma in hairdressing in a period of one year at the college and will thereafter work in a salon to do their workplace hours as stipulated by department of higher education, after which they will do their national trade test. We are one of the few institutes that places our students in working salons once they showcase a working skill set and willingness to work and learn.
During the academic year students will complete various theoretical and practical assignments that will equip them with the necessary skill set that they will need to work in a salon. Conditions at the college are kept in line with the environment of a professional salon and students are held to the highest standard of professionalism. Our in-house teacher is a qualified hairdresser with years of industry experience and are at our students’ full disposal. Students will be guided and given individual attention in our small intimate class, making sure each student is equipped with the necessary skill set to complete their diploma. We put a lot of emphasis on health and safety in a salon environment to ensure our students can perform in a workplace with real-world exposure to various scenarios. In addition to educating our student at the highest standards we also invest in developing each student as a person, giving them a platform to dream and develop as a unique individual, encouraging them to reach for the stars.
As part of this course, you will be supplied with a high-quality, professional hairdressing kit, containing all products and equipment needed for the course and to work with thereafter. Only the best quality products and brands are used in our kits, aiming to supply you with a kit like none other. We truly belief that training quality hairdressers, require the best quality products such as Schwarzkopf & Goldwell.
The entry requirement for the International Diploma in Hairdressing is a Grade 10 certificate and minimum age requirement is 16 years of age.
- SERVICES SETA Accreditation No:3956
- QCTO ( Quality Council for Trades & Occupations) Accreditation No: SDP1228/17/00383
- Trade Test Centre Accreditation No: AC000141NAMB
- City & Guilds International Accreditation No: 848424
- SERVICES SETA Workplace Approval No: WPA00048SSETA
- iTEC Accreditation No: X500473
- VTCT Accreditation No: 2531/001
Hairdressing Course Content
Introductory studies for Hairdressers
- Introduction to the hairdressing industry
- Hairdressing business environment
- Time management
- Safety, Health & environmental protection
- Quality standards
- Business ethics
Shampooing, conditioners, and treatment
- Chemical and physical action of shampoos and conditioners
- Types of shampoos, conditioners and treatments
- Scalp massages
- Hair & scalp treatments
- Shampoo & condition hair
- Perform hair & scalp treatment including massage
- Dry styling techniques
- Wet styling techniques
- Concepts related to trends, changing styles and fashion
- Current wet & dry styling trends
- Products in relation to styling techniques
- Selection, components, use, handling & maintenance of tools & equipment
- Common mistakes and solutions
- Styling techniques, products, tools and equipment
- Hair extension procedures
- Hair styling
- Up-style hair
- Tinting (semi, permanent, demi, temporary)
- Highlights (bleach, high lifter)
- Color corrections
- Creative coloring
- Apply temporary color to hair
- Apply semi/demi permanent color to hair
- Apply permanent color to hair
- Perform hair lighting service to hair
- Apply color corrections to hair
- Shape, form and the design line
- Styling/ facial shapes & the cutting design
- Basic cutting lines and angles
- Basic hair cutting techniques
- Cross checking & finalizing cuts
- Texturization of hair
- Cut design line with no elevation
- Cut a range of graduated styles
- Cut a range of layered styles
- Perform a variety of combination cuts
- Perform a variety of advanced cutting techniques
Chemical hair services
- Chemical waving (Perm) (Alkaline-based chemical waving, Acid-based chemical waving)
- Hair relaxing (S-Curl, Blow outs)
- Keratin treatments
- Acid based chemical waving (perm service)
- Alkaline based chemical waving (perm services)
- S-curl / blow out services
- Hair relaxing services
- Hair straitening services
- Hair keratin services
Communication and sales
- Reception services including telephone etiquette, client receiving, bookings, estimates/ quotes and sales
- Client communication
- and marketing
- Product control (storage, display, placement, expiration)
Maintain professional customers
Our hairdressing course is designed to comply with the Department of Higher Education’s course outcomes. As stipulated by the department, all hairdressing students are required to complete the necessary course work as well as acquiring the stipulated salon hours that will enable you to write the national trade test. To accommodate our students, we therefore require class attendance for a full year, after which you can earn your international diploma in hairdressing. After the academic year, you will be required to work in a salon for 36 months, during which time you will attend a few mandatory classes in preparation for your trade test.
Date: 5th of February 2020 until the 2nd of December 2020
Attendance: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 16:00
Deposit: R 12 000, 00 to be paid with enrollment, to secure your seat.
International Registration: R 10 500, 00 to be paid on registration at the campus.
Tuition Fee, Kit, learning material and assessments: R 4 300, 00 per month for 11 months, from 31/01/2019 to 30/11/2019.
Learners need to contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the registrar or principal where all the courses and procedures will be explained to the learner and their sponsor.
Terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without prior notice