NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA IN HAIRDRESSING
Enrolments for 2020 will be updated and available soon. Please contact us for any info regarding this.
(SAQA ID 102497)
WHY TAKE THIS SPECIFIC HAIRDRESSING COURSE?
More than any other beauty care; people desire the expertise of a professional hairdresser. Hairdressing is an important lifelong industry, fulfilling the needs of all people from toddlers to adults. Good hairdressers are in short supply and will never have a problem finding employment nationally and internationally.
We are also one of the few institutes that places our students in working salons once they showcase a working skill set and willingness to work and learn.
- SERVICES SETA Accreditation No:39566
- QCTO ( Quality Council for Trades & Occupations) Accreditation No: SDP1228/17/00383
- Trade Test Centre Accreditation No: AC000141NAMB
- City & Guilds International Accreditation No: 848424
- SERVICES SETA Workplace Approval No: WPA00048SSETA
We are accredited to offer both National & International hairdressing qualifications which makes us one of the best institutions worldwide, furthermore, we are an accredited Trade Test Centre, which means that learners will complete their whole hairdressing journey with us.
We only take 20 students per year on this exclusive 3-year course, ensuring that each learner gets the best individual & specialized attention. Learners will receive a comprehensive kit (included in the price) containing professional products and equipment which will be used during training.
Learners will complete their National Hairdressing Qualification Accredited by the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET), as well as the International Diploma in Hairdressing (Level 2 & 3) as follows:
During the first year, learners will study full-time towards their National & International Hairdressing Qualification. The Level 2 International Hairdressing Diploma will be completed and issued by the end of the 1st year.
Starting Date: 2018 Classes have already started and we are gearing up for 2020. Please contact us with regards to enrolling for 2020
Attendance: Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 16:00
Fees: Deposit – R12 000 to be paid with enrolment, to secure your seat.
Registration – R10 500 to be paid on enrolment for registration.
Tuition Fee, professional kit, learning material & assessments – R4 300 p/m for a preriod of 11 months (31/01/2019 – 30/11/2019)
During the second year, learners will study part-time and attend classes once a week on a Monday while the rest of the week they work full-time in a salon to do their Workplace Hours as required by DHET. If the student cannot find a workplace we would happily help with placement as we are well known in the industry and constantly have salon owners contacting us for learner placements.
The Level 3 International Hairdressing Diploma will be completed and issued by the end of the 2nd year.
Attendance: Monday from 13:00 – 16:00
Second Year Fee: R800 p/m for a period of 11 months (31/01/2020 – 30/11/2020)
During the third year, learners will work full-time in the salon to complete their Workplace Hours required by DHET. They will attend Trade Test Preparation Sessions during this year, to prepare them for the National Hairdressing Trade Test that will be conducted at Our Very Own Trade Test Centre at the end of the year.
Learners will complete their NQF Level 4 National Hairdressing Qualification and the DHET will issue their Red-Seal Trade Test Certificate. The entry requirement for the National Qualification is a Grade12 Certificate or alternatively a Grade 10 with a Foundational Learning Competency Certificate (FLC) which learners can obtain from the Independent Examination Board (IEB). If the learner does not have a Grade 12 Certificate or a Grade 10 with an FLC Certificate; it may be obtained during the 3 years of study – assistance/guidance will be given by our school.
Third Year Fee: R3 300 booking for the Trade Test, payable by 1 October 2021
Learners need to contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the registrar or principal where all the courses and procedures will be explained to the learner and their sponsor.
Course Subjects Include:
- Health & Safety
- Consultation services for clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat scalp and hair
- Hair styling techniques (blow wave, thermal styling, roller setting)
- Pin curl and finger waves
- Anatomy & physiology on hair
- Market retail products and services in the salon environment
- Advanced head massage
- Cut and shape gents hair to create a variety of looks
- Cut and shape ladies hair to create a variety of looks
- Barbering – Hot towel and shaving service
- Hair colouring services
- Perming services to create a variety of looks
- Chemical relaxing services for African-type hair
- Style & finish African type women’s hair (braiding, weaving and dreadlock techniques)
- Advanced hair colouring services
- Colour correction services
- Advanced cutting techniques
- Competition techniques
- Creative hairdressing skills
- Bridal hair
- Make and style hair additions
- Perform a hair extension service
- Product training
- Human resource management within the hair and beauty sector
- Business studies & marketing
- First aid